Gayatri Vidya Parishad (GVP), a pioneering Educational Society was established and registered on 28th September 1988 with a view to serving the cause of higher education by an ardent group of erudite academicians, and industrialists. Late Prof. B. Sarveswara Rao, Former Professor of Economics, Andhra University, Economic Advisor to Govt. of East Nigeria and former Vice-Chancellor of Acharya Nagarjuna University, was the founder president of the GVP (1989-2005). Dr.B. Swamy, a former member of Medical Council of India and former Vice-Chancellor, Acharya Nagarjuna University succeeded him as the President of the society (2005-2009). Sri D. V Subba Rao, a senior Advocate of Visakhapatnam, former Chairman of Bar Council of India and Former Mayor of Visakhapatnam took over as its president in 2009. Sri.A.S.V.Prasad has taken over as President in 2014 after the demise of Sri. D. V Subba Rao. Prof.P.Srinivasa Rao has taken over as President in Sep 2019.
The Parishad was established with the goal of promoting, establishing, maintaining and assisting or aiding and maintaining educational and other related institutions in Arts, Science, Management and Technology on modern lines by imparting quality education. Health care and Medical education were added to its objectives as an amendment in 2006.
The objectives of the GVP and her institutions are:-
* To provide strong foundations to the students for building sound theoretical as well as practical base in the chosen areas of specialization along with effective communication skills.
* To nurture quality research, which raise the overall academic excellence and positive contribution to the Society.
* To focus on imparting discipline and creating the right attitude among the students to mould them into responsible individuals in the society.
* To build strong relationship with the industry and their specific employment needs and interact with industry and corporate bodies to develop relationship for enlarging the scope of employment.
THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF GAYATRI VIDYA PARISHAD
Within a brief span of two decades, the GVP has established the following institutions:
|SNO||NAME OF THE INSTITUTIONS||YEAR OF ESTABLISH|
|1||GVP DEGREE COLLEGE||1989|
|2||G.V.P. JUNIOR COLLEGE||1992|
|3||G.V.P. POST GRADUATE COLLEGE ((AUTONOMOUS)||1994|
|4.||GVP COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (AUTONOMOUS)||1996|
|5.||CENTER FOR POLICY STUDIES||2003|
|6.||INDO-GERMAN INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY||2003|
|7.||GVP HEALTH CARE CENTRE||2004|
|8.||GVP COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING FOR WOMEN||2008|
|9.||GVP CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF HUMAN AND SPIRITUAL VALUES||2009|
|10.||CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF GANDHIAN PHILOSOPHY AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT||2009|
|11.||KASTURBA CENTRE FOR STUDIES ON WOMEN EMPOWERMENT||2009|
|12.||M. L. B. T. HIGH SCHOOL(Tacken over)||2002|
|13.||G.V.P. PROF V.LAKSHMIKANTAM INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED STUDIES||2009|
|14.||BIO SCIENCE RESEARCH LABORATORY||2011|
|15.||GVP SIRC(A scientific and Industrial research centre)||2011|
|16.||GVP TECHNICAL CAMPUS||2011|
|17.||Gayatri Vidya Parishad Institute of Healthcare & Medical Technology-Day care center||2012|
|18.||Gayatri Vidya Parishad Institute of Healthcare & Medical Technology||2014|
• Total area of land : 71.11Ac
• Total biuld-up area : 54487 Sq.m
• Amount spent on Building : 22.67 Crores
• Total Value of Equipment : 12.24 Crores
• Total No. of Computers available : 1130
• Hostel Accommodation : a) Boys: 250 b) Girls: 630
• Libraries : 78,713 books @ 1.63 Crores
• Organizations through consultancy : 2.23 Crores
• No. of Seminar Halls : 9
• No. of Auditoriums : 3
• Area of Play grounds : 10.00 Ac.
REGISTERED UNDER 12 AA OF I T ACT.
FCRA: The GVP is registered with Government of India, to receive foreign contributions Under Foreign Contributions Regulation Act 1976 of Govt of India.
Gayatri Vidya Parishad