Accessible and Affordable Health Care Delivery and Service with a Smile and to serve as teaching hospital to the GVP Medical college are the chief objectives of the Gayatri Vidya Parishad Hospital.
A 720 bedded hospital serving the expanding northern regions of Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation and the neighborhood towards the north. Traditionally the Visakhapatnam serves the patients of the north coastal Andhra and The interior Orissa state and the GVP Hospital is geared for this demand as well.
The GVP Hospital is located on the National Highway 16 (formerly NH 5), 20 kms from Visakhapatnam railway station and 32 km from the City Airport.
In house Services:
- Surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics and Dentistry
- Medicine, Pediatrics, Dermatology, TB and Chest diseases, and Psychiatry
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Accident, Emergency and Trauma care
- ICU,SICU,PISU and NICU
- Diagnostic Laboratory: Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology and Pathology
- Radiology and Imaging
- Blood bank
- BSL-2 lab
- A Rural health Centre at B.P.Kallalu, Anandapuram located 10 km away from the college (2 km from NH).
- An Urban city centre near Pedda Waltair junction.
G.V.P MEDICAL COLLEGE
THE GAYATRI VIDYA PARISHAD, A nonprofit premier Educational Society, realising the growing needs and the gross deficit of Health Care Personnel of all categories in the country, the WHO recommendations and a need for a comprehensive institute to look into various issues concerned with Health Care including The Primary Care, attention to BPL groups, Tribal issues, Health Tourism, Health Man Power Development, took it upon itself to consider amending its bye laws in 2006 to include health care as a subject.
Located in acres 28.6 cents in Maridi Valley of Marikavalasa village, the institution surrounded by hilly slopes provides a serene ambiance, a Rara avis in the present day urban setting. The spacious well planned hospital and college buildings, residential accommodation located away from the buzz of the city are close to the National Highway 16 ( former NH5) provide quiet atmosphere yet easy access.
THE INSTITUTIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- Recommendations of the Medical council of India and the national health policy.
- Affiliation to Dr NTR University of Health Sciences and its curriculum
- Special attention to the prevailing scenario at Visakhapatnam.
- There has been rapid growth in health care facilities in the city but a closer look shows this is confined to private sector, with hardly any change in the number of hospital beds in public sector or the Government Hospital. Providing access of health care to all.
- Geographically, most health care facilities are in the city centre and to some extent to the southern region. The rapid growth of the city to its north needs attention.
- An important concern of the Visakhapatnam district is its vast tribal component and its associated morbidity and burden of disease. A conspicuous deficit in this tribal belt is the absence of private medical services which to a large extent are supplementing the government services in other areas. The Non Governmental Organisations have not had much success in these areas.
- Increasing burden on the city due to urban health care and trauma.
- The Gayatri Vidya Parishad having already a name to reckon with course in Engineering and Technology offers a unique opportunity for integration of Health Care and very rapidly expanding horizons of Medical Technology.
- The Medical College got permission from the Medical Council of India & Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in 2016 for MBBS, with an annual intake of 150 MBBS students with periodic renewal. The latest permission for MBBS admissions for 2020-21 was granted by MCI in December-2019. The College is affiliated to Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. We are planning to start Post graduate courses in Broad Specialties in the coming academic year.
From 2019-20 academic year we are implementing the competency based medical education as per the guidelines of the MCI.